Which Phone?

Not too long ago, my Nokia 6230 kinda, well, disabled on me. The #2 key on the keypad had mysteriously dropped off SOMEWHERE.

Seriously, smsing just got so much more inconvenient. Everytime I want to type a/b/c/2... I have to hold my phone tight and whack out my pinky nail to give it a good JAB! Really doesnt help that when I want a '2' I have to jab it 4 consecutive times in rapid succession and nearly causes my finger to spasm.

Anyway.After more than 2 years, I thought its high time I got a new phone. Currently, Im doing my research and I need feedback/opinions, especially if you happen to own/USED TO OWN (at the rate people change phones these days, its like faster than changeing their underwear.) In todays fast paced world, Ive only met ONE person who has the same phone as me.

With this new phone purchase, taking into account my financial/techno/emotional/aesthetic constraints I have narrowed the selection down to the following






NOKIA 6110 NAVIGATOR




Actually, this isnt really MY selection. Personally I find it rather 'man' and not as aesthetically pleasing as I would like it to be. My mum suggested this because it has GPS in it. Now this sounds really normal, if your mum happens to be materilistic-ish. But coming from my mum, it takes on a whole new meaning....


Mum: This one has GPS. Its good for you

Me: Are you implying something?

Mum: Yeah. you always get lost. helps us save on petrol...

Me: =.=

I'll prolly give this a 6/10


NOKIA E65 PINK





Slide up phone - TICK!
Sleek and skinny - TICK!
Pale Pink - TICK!
All the functions I want - TICK!

Apart from slightly small buttons, which I don't mind anyway. However, I tend to keep phones for at least 2 years so I want something abit more ahead, more techo?

I think this one scores a 8/10 from me. =D



SONY ERICSSON S500i

Even though its not pink per se, its sleek piano black and mysterious green facade makes up for everything ^^ Green being my third (or was it second?) favourite colour, this scores pretty well with me. The only fault I can find with this one is the wierd-ass curve at the bottom as seen in the side-way profiles. I reckon it would look nicer if it was just ... flat. =o=

The screen actually moves and interacts with the surroundings! How cool is that. Apparently the flower graphics opens and closes like a real flower, according to day or night..etc etc.
Sounds kinda like me, my mouth opens and closes depending on if theres food around...:D

I have always been a loyal Nokia consumer but recently , SE's line up of models are really catching my eye, their aesthetics are getting pretty creative and unique which really is a big stand out from Nokias traditional shapes. Or maybe its cos they are in a partnership with my favourite gadget company.. thus the sudden attraction.

Intrigueing indeed.

Nonetheless, this one scores high on my rating - 8.5/10



MOTOROLA K1 CHAMPANGE GOLD







The only reason this one made it here is cos its sleek and GOLD! Touted widely as the ultimate blingsters phone, this one obviously never failed to catch my eye. Who cannot say no to the sheeny shiny glass-like mirror finishwith the ultimate Midas Touch?! Well done Motorola. (:

The only drawback here is that the reviews dont think is the best phone in terms of functions ie camera and sound, MP3 etc. Equipped with a 2 megapix camera, to me thats pretty reasonable, especially this phone being easily within my budget, and beside, I have my 7.2MP Sony digital camera. So Im not too fussed about this feature if its crap. Similarly with MP3, I have my iPod Nano. no sweat in that department once again.

The major con on this one is that the reviews say it has slow response time for sms. Like, not few milliseconds lag in typing but AN ENTIRE SENTENCE! thats horrible! XD
How the heck can Motorola release it out to the consumers in that kinda state? But then again, maybe the review isnt fair? Give it benefit of the doubt I suppose.


Motorola K1 Gold - 6.5/10


I havent ruled this one out, or for the matter, any of the others, completely because I want to test try the phone out with my SIM card in. I think phone dealers should allow that so consumers can see if they like the phone because phones are more about function and ease of use rather than aesthetics.

Anyway that sums up the main phones of choice at the moment. But theres another issue on this phone business.

THE PARENTALS WANT ME TO PAY FOR THIS 100% MYSELF.

Right I obviously wouldn't mind doing so if I worked, because its fair. Im the user, and therefore Im the Payer.

The problem is, I CANT WORK UNTIL I GET PR, IF IT EVER COMES THROUGH!
At last note, Im sure the trading currency in Australia is AUD, not body parts! I was discussing this with Jinnie on MSN last night during the wee hours of the morning and well....

Reena says:
my parents want me to foot the entire thing. I wudent mind if i was working BUT IM BLOODY NOT! THE TRADING CURRENCY IN 2007/2008 HERE IS AUSSIE DOLLAR NOT BODY PARTS!

Jinnie says:
hahahaha

Jinnie says:
I can't imagine someone placing an order for your boobs

=o=






KNS.


Maybe I should go grow a money tree.

**********************************


Anyway, if there, other than the above phones, you see/can recommend another model, you are more than welcome to. I figure I still have plenty of time to find a perfect phone.


In the meantime, I'll make do with a toothpick to do the jabbing...

4 people commented:

calvin said...

haha, my aunty cool la! do you get lost so easily?

my recommendation would be for that phone that has a perfect score of 10/10. that would be...
(please scroll down)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

a publis phone =D

p/s: paiseh for taking up so many spaces =P

calvin said...

opsss, i mean PUBLIC, not publis nor pubic phone =P

Reeny said...

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH PUBIC PHONE! XD!
by the way, I am not your aunty. what talking you?!

calvin said...

i mean your mum is cool la. your mum = my aunty wert!

i also never said you are cool =P